Saturday, May 25, 2013

28 weeks//3rd trimester


FEELING: I'm having a lot more back pain this past week. It's to the point where I'm having trouble falling asleep at night because of it. Hip pain is on and off, and heartburn still comes often.

THINKING: I'll admit, I'm starting to get impatient! A few friends have had their babies recently, and I'm dying to hold mine! I was doing so well waiting patiently for my little girl, but I'm beginning to get that find-me-a-time-machine feeling.

CRAVING: My cravings are kind of opposite lately. I'm mostly wanting lighter foods; pears, peaches, watermelon. But at the end of the day, I'm wanting more savory items, and meat. My biggest craving this week, though? Quiet. Just calm and quiet. I'm not sure what's gotten into my kids lately, but they've all of a sudden gotten very needy, resulting in lots of meltdowns. Maybe they know a big change is coming soon?

DOING: Not a whole lot of prep this past week. I did pick up a few receiving blankets and towels. I attempted to get the bassinet, but I couldn't find the box, my kids were getting cranky, and I was feeling like crap, so I gave up. My midwife gave me my homebirth supplies list at my last appointment, so I'll be starting on that this coming week. And I'll be making some knotted headbands for her and big sister.

OTHER: Holy cow, this child is active. She almost never stops moving it seems. Jordan got to feel a nice hard kick the other day. I wish I could have captured his reaction on film. The way he lit up was priceless and I hope I never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment