Sunday, January 1, 2012

Same stuff, different day.

So, new years came and went. Nothing interesting. Anthony and I stayed up to watch the ball drop. He played video games while I played around on the computer. Extremely uneventful. :)



Helena had her first taste of baby food the other day. It was bananas. Today was her third day, and she's loving it. While she's not too good at swallowing everything (totally understandable), she caught on real quick to the fact that you have to open your mouth for a bite.

First bite of food!

I've been working on changing our diet lately. Working in more whole foods, and I'm transitioning to a vegetarian diet. This means trying new recipes. A couple nights ago, we had chickpea patties and corn. It was delicious! You can find the recipe for the patties here.



Last night, we had stir-fry with rice. It was loaded with veggies. Corn, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bok choy, sweet onion, green onion, and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Threw in some soy sauce and curry powder, put it on top of rice, and voila. An amazing dinner.


Mommy's plate.

Toddler bowl.

Anthony had the bright idea of putting it in a tortilla. Sooo good.


We don't have too much planned for the week. I'm thinking about taking the kids to the children's museum.   Helena won't be able to participate, obviously, but I think Jordan will have a blast.


Also, if anyone is willing to help me out with a snazzy blog background for cheap, let a sista know! I'm dying to have a pretty blog but don't want to pay too much. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment