Tuesday, October 2, 2012

We're Moving!

My wonderful, amazing, handsome, smart, hardworking fiance got a new job! He's the new lead SAP programmer at Gerber Scientific!!! If you can't tell, I'm super proud!

We will be moving from the Chicago suburbs, to a small town outside of Hartford, CT. Anthony left on Saturday, and me and the kids will be leaving Friday morning to make the 15.5hr drive (ugh shoot me) to be with him.



It's been kind of hard without Anthony here. Mostly because I can tell the kids miss him. Helena has been acting up more, and at least once an hour I hear, "Where's dadyy?" "I want daddy" "I miss daddy" "I wanna kiss daddy", out of Jordan's mouth. And it just breaks. my freakin. heart. I try to explain to him, but I don't think he understands. I've resorted to just saying "daddy is at work and we'll see him in a few days". Whatever, it works. I am SO glad for technology around this time. The kids video chat with their dad at least twice a day. Once when he gets off work, and once before bed. I know it helps Jordan a lot. He even kisses the screen to give his dad a kiss. :)

Meanwhile, I've been here cleaning and cooking and taking care of the kids while trying to pack up the rest of our stuff. I thought it'd be easy and I refused all help but now, I'm just getting overwhelmed and it's hard to get motivated. So I had my younger sister come over today to help me run errands and hang out with the kids while I got caught up on cleaning, laundry, and did some packing. My mom (the super packer) is coming tomorrow to help me get the last of the stuff packed, and my little brothers are joining her to spend some time with us before we leave.

As nervous as I am about the trip, I am absolutely thrilled about the move. I can't wait for this new chapter in our lives. Connecticut, here we come!




No comments:

Post a Comment