Saturday, March 23, 2013

19 weeks//homebirth


19 weeks.

Today I am 19 weeks pregnant.



Violet rolls, kicks, and punches all day long. I love it.
My belly is much bigger than with my other two.
My exhaustion hasn't lessened much at all.
Headaches are more frequent.
And....
I'm having a homebirth. :)

Ever since I had Jordan, I knew I wanted a homebirth. With him, I had an OB, an epidural, an episiotomy, and a terrible recovery. I'm not unhappy with his birth. I just know it could've been better. With Helena, I just wasn't in the position for a homebirth. I had an all natural hospital waterbirth with a midwife. It was amazing. Exhilarating. But I was still wanting more. When I got my positive test with this babe, I immediately started looking for a homebirth midwife. They all seemed to be 1.5 hours away or more. I just couldn't make that drive to every appointment with two toddlers, especially with being a nervous driver. So I gave up, and started going to a midwife/OB combo office that delivered at a hospital that allows waterbirth.

Well, then Brooke over at The Vintage Souls had her sweet baby girl. At home. And I felt envious. Then I found a page on facebook, Birth Without Fear. And that was it. I was determined to have a homebirth. I researched more, posted on local forums, and finally found a couple midwives close enough to me. We interviewed them both over the weekend, and found "our" midwife. I don't even have to leave my home for appoinments, she comes to me!

I am absolutely, over the moon, thrilled for this adventure coming up.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy and homebirth! I had my Lucy at home in May of 2011 and it was the most incredible (long, messy, crazy, amazing, empowering) experience of my life to date. I really can't wait to do it again. I'll be sure to keep checking back and following you on your journey to number 3 :) enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete