Thursday, May 30, 2013

Zoo trip.

Last week, I learned about a zoo near my house. I asked a friend if she'd been, and she told me it was very nice and perfectly sized for toddlers. So since Anthony was off Monday, we decided to go.

It. Was. Great. It's definitely small, but it has the neatest animals. Some of them you can even touch. I pet a cavy, Helena attempted to pet a crane.









They had a baby lion that had just arrived there in March. He looked so cozy in his little doggie bed, just the sweetest thing. The kids loved him.





Helena desperately wanted to touch everything she could, but I stopped her a few times (like with the crane) if I thought they were more likely to bite. Jordan on the other hand was pretty apprehensive, as usual. I couldn't get him to feed the goats, and he got nervous when a llama and camel got too close. Especially when I told him they can spit (whoops).





The best part about this zoo, is it's in this whole park. There's a splash pad, a pool, lots of places to set up chairs and grill and eat, soccer fields, huge empty fields. There's even a little river (creek?) with a really nice walkway along it that reminds us of the river walk back home. We're very excited to spend lots of time there this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment