Monday, June 3, 2013

A little scare.





This little dude freaked his mama out today. Helena was napping and Jordan was happily watching Max & Ruby, I was feeling like crap so I decided to have a quick soak in the tub. I told Jordan, and kept the bathroom door cracked. I heard him messing with the linen closet door, but assumed he was just closing it (he kindly has a thing with open doors). A couple minutes later, I hear him yelp in pain.

I yelled his name. No response. I tried again, no response. I got out of there as fast as I could and found him with a bottle of bath and body works body spray with his eyes squeezed shut. I said his name and he started crying.

I took him into the bathroom, laid him on his side on a towel, and tried to rinse his eyes out. But let's face it, the kid's 3. He didn't open his eyes. I did the best I could, got dressed, and took him to my bed to cuddle.

I noticed he was blinking a lot. So I had him sit up and open his eyes as wide as he could. He couldn't keep them open. I asked him to look at my eyes, look at my finger, look at my phone. Any time he tried to focus on something, his eyes started rolling backwards. I. Freaked. Out.

I texted Anthony to call me, and when I answered, I burst into tears. I explained everything, said I didn't know if he was okay, and we agreed to meet at urgent care.

By the time we got there, about 20 minutes had passed. He still couldn't open his eyes all the way, said they hurt, and seemed sensitive to the sun.

The doctor saw him about 15 minutes later and did a quick dye test to check for chemical burn. Luckily, she saw nothing and said since he was acting normally by this point, he was probably totally fine. She also gave me things to look for if something like that happens again. He has an appointment with an ophthalmologist in the morning, just as a follow up and to make sure no damage showed up later.

SO I guess I over reacted a little. But that's better than under reacting, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment